In 2011, for the first time ever, smartphones outsold personal computers. This means one thing and there is no way around it: Your business needs to have a mobile strategy.
Whether you’re just getting started or are looking to improve your existing mobile strategy, here are the 12 top links about mobile trends, marketing, strategy, and implementation.
Not convinced that everything is going mobile? Read this first:
- Infographic: Mobile Statistics, Stats & Facts 2011
- The Future of Mobile (slide deck)
- Mobile Revolution (Geeks Only)
- Less Than 10% Of The Web In 2012 Is Mobile Ready
Mobile marketing and strategy:
- Google has a great site about mobile that includes a useful tool to see what your site looks like on a phone
- Mobile Best Practices has a whole bunch of useful mobile resources. We found Implementing Your Mobile Strategy (PDF, 2012) the most helpful.
- Quirk has a 13-part Mobile Marketing 101 series that’s worth checking out.
Mobile web design and development resources:
- Which One: Responsive Design, Device Experiences, or RESS? – A comparison of three mobile development approaches
- Responsive Web Design: 50 Examples and Best Practices - Great examples
- Mobile First! - Luke Wroblewski says you should design the mobile experience before designing the desktop version. Here’s another article on Mobile First by Brad Frost.
- The mobile section on A List Apart has a few great articles on creating great mobile experiences
Any other suggestions? Leave them in the comments and we’ll add them.